Open Gardens Terms & Conditions
- The Charterhouse is an almshouse that provides accommodation to around 40 retired residents known as ‘the Brothers’. The Charterhouse is a registered charity whose priority is for the care and wellbeing of the Brothers. We ask all visitors to please respect the privacy of the Brothers and other residents whose accommodation is located within close proximity of the gardens.
- Tickets cost £10 per person. Free admission for under 16s. Any children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Tickets may be booked in advance via the website or on the day at the museum reception. Please note that capacities will be limited.
- In the event of adverse weather the Open Day may be cancelled at short notice. In this instance we will endeavour to contact all advance ticket-holders as soon as possible and update our website and social media with relevant information.
- Please note that the historic buildings of the Charterhouse include some uneven surfaces and cobbled courtyards. We therefore advise visitors to wear sensible footwear and dress appropriately.
- The gardens are fully accessible to wheelchair users. Registered disability assistance dogs are welcome in the gardens.
- Photographs for personal use are welcomed but please be respectful of people’s privacy. We regret that professional photography is not permitted unless you have made a prior arrangement.
- Although there is seldom traffic please be aware that a service road runs through the gardens.
- In case of emergency please make your way back through the gatehouse to Charterhouse Square and await further information.
- We regret that smoking, ball games and pets are not permitted.
- Please help protect our plants and avoid walking over planted areas. In addition climbing, picking or pruning is not allowed.
- We reserve the right to ask you to leave large bags and backpacks with our security team.
- We reserve the right at our discretion to refuse entry or to remove anyone behaving inappropriately from the site.
Should you have any questions please speak to our friendly staff and volunteers.